Navmar Group requires the collection and use of certain personal data from customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees, seafarers, job applicants, and various other types of persons who wish to enter into a business relationship with us.
When is personal data collected?
We collect personal data pertaining to our employees, suppliers, customers on a regular basis to be able to conduct business activities. We typically collect personal data:
- At the initial stages of the business relationship;
- Throughout the course of the business relationship, whenever a legitimate need arises;
- When so is required to satisfy any statutory obligations to which we are subject;
- For the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party;
- When one accesses and uses our website; and
- When a person voluntarily approaches us in other circumstances, for example when seeking employment or any information on our services and business.
Circumstances of data processing
Personal data shall only be processed for carrying out business or regulatory obligations of Navmar Group. Data subjects shall be duly informed how and why their personal data is being used, for instance:
- to provide services, as engaged and/or instructed or authorized persons;
- to establish and maintain a business relationship, including the processing of payments, accounting, auditing, billing and other support services;
- for recruitment and employment purposes and to comply with any statutory requirements such as payroll, social security contributions and income tax deductions;
- to ensure compliance with our legal obligations;
- to record, track and deal with any complaints received;
- to ensure that business policies are adhered to, including security and internet use policies, and the prevention of unauthorized access and modifications to systems;
- to update client records;
- for marketing purposes;
- to identify representatives of our clients, suppliers and/or service providers;
- to restrict access to our premises.
Sharing pf personal data
Navmar Group shall not, transfer personal data to any third party without the prior consent of the data subject, except where legally required to do so. In the course of conducting business, it might be necessary for us to share the data subject’s personal data with following third parties:
- selected professionals and employees of Navmar Group on a need-to-know basis;
individuals or institutions involved in the process of facilitating our services and/or billing process (e.g. banks, IT providers);
- third parties to whom disclosure may be essential in light of the relationship with the data subject;
any business partners to whom the data subject may have requested that his/her personal data will be transferred;
- third parties to whom disclosure may be necessary to comply with legal requirements.
Personal data shall be retained exclusively for the period which is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and thereafter, for the purpose of satisfying further legal and regulatory obligations of Navmar Group. This period may be extended in order to assert, exercise or defend possible future legal claims involving the data subject.
For the purposes of a contract, personal data shall be retained for a period of five (5) years from the termination date of the contract. In the case of invoices, credit notes and other similar documentation or information, including all personal information collected for compliance with our legal obligations, these will be retained for a period of 10 years. The periodicity may be extended when we have a legitimate interest related to exercising or defending our legal claims.
Personal data which has been collected and processed on the basis of the data subject’s consent shall be retained until the data subject withdraws his/her consent.
Subject’s legal rights
Navmar Shipping would like to make sure data subjects are fully aware of their data protection rights. You are entitled to the following:
- You have the right to request Navmar Group for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- You have the right to request that Navmar Group correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Navmar Group to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- You have the right to request that Navmar Group erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to request that Navmar Group restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to object to Navmar Group’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to request that Navmar Group transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Security of personal data
Keeping the data subject’s personal data secure is of utmost importance. We undertake to put in our best efforts to keep any disclosed personal information secure by implementing the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against unauthorized or unlawful access, storage, destruction or processing.
Changes in policy